Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looks like I'm over her...




I can’t remember the color of her eyes
I can’t remember the warmth of her thighs
I can’t remember the smell of her hair
Or her come hither stair - I guess I’m over her...


I can’t remember the taste of her lips
I can’t remember the form of her hips
I can’t remember the shape of her breasts
I must confess - I think I’m over her...


I can’t remember the little things that she did
I can’t remember the late night love she would give
I can’t remember the size of her hand
I hope she’ll understand - now that I’m over her...


I can’t remember all the words that were said
I can’t remember how she looked in my bed
I can’t remember her drawn out good-byes
And her mellow dramatic sighs - looks like I’m over her...

4 comments:

Chef E said...

I find and therapists say...journaling is a good way to put the past behind us...and once it is on paper I have found, or out there for others to see...we move on with a little more ease...

I love it! and i was writing about making onion soup :)

Shupe said...

Chaos is what makes us stronger right?
as I read this- I realized even though I see him more than I'd like to- like EVER- my exhusband is erased from my mind too.

but it is hard to go gather the chunks of your heart scattered out in the universe- it's the mending process of yourself that you shall find them- and also find- they'll fit in all nice and snug even though they've been lost for so long. These pieces know who is their rightful owner.

:) Proud of you

writingfool said...

~*~
Sorry it took me awhile to catch up, Poet. 2008 did a little damage to us all, I suspect; now it's time to recoup and see what new advetures await us. I wish you smoother sailing on calmer seas,
and may you find that North Star you deserve...sometimes it takes awhile...
Thinking of you.
~*~
M
~*~
~*~

Chef E said...

Dash- I know its not about you...I also write about others, just sounds like me sometimes...I have been into writing about food lately...trying different styles and getting stuff together for the editor...

I also wanted to send traffic this way...I like to introduce people to art...otherwise it is just TV and maybe magazines they look at...I got my sister reading 'Gourmet' and she was just a TV person, now she calls asking me what this and that is...

If I had a cup of coffee you would be reading a whole book on my blog...