Saturday, December 7, 2013

chasing winter...

I run after your foot prints along the shore on cold lonely beaches...
I chase the echo of your voice through wooded mountains and lose it in the mist...
Down snow covered slopes I tumble after your sighs...
I abandon legions of angels in the blizzard to stumble blind in pursuit of your perfume...

The devil and his brood I leave behind in a forest cave - for the magic and the mystery I might find in your glance...
I have left the warm of the fire and the company of the tribe - for the salt of your skin... the moans of your lust... the desperation and the passion of your tears...

I am a band apart... I am that lonely wolf... the brave lost in the wasteland... the madman on the hill... forgotten by God... rejected by the muse... discarded by destiny...
I have only the strength of this mindless... delusional... pursuit of you...

Chasing your ghost... is chasing winter... in the valley of madness...

No comments: